Tuesday, January 6

Benefits of homeschooling


Unlike most people I have never attended traditional school, I was educated at home. In this post I am going to go over some of the many benefits of being homeschooled.


   But first I want to list just a few famous homeschoolers you might recognize


Benefits of homeschooling

 
  • It allows for a flexible school schedule

Having a flexible schedule for school allowed me to have a job during school hours as I could do my homework when ever I had time, Much like this course.

  • It can be tailored to accommodate children with different learning styles

As it is one-on-one teaching the parent can tailor the school work to accommodate each child's learning styles. It also allows parents to work with children with Learning disability such as ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, etc.

  • It prepares you for college

Homeschooled students tend to adjust more quickly to the college setting, because they are used to an independent study atmosphere and to asking questions of adults.



A few years ago CBC News did a story about homeschooling in my area. They talk about the different styles of homeschooing as well as some benefits of homeschooling.





To end this post I am going to leave you with 2 videos from one of my favorite YouTube channels Blimey Cow.



 And




 References
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_homeschooled_people
 http://exodusmandate.org/?page_id=1331

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen the CBC news report! I wanted to share it on my FB but couldn't figure out how. Do you know how I could find it to do that? Good post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to the video.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEGMQ0LTMpo

      Delete